Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Concordia R-2 School District

Food Service


Ajax Loading Image



Food Service Program F-285-S

The purpose of this policy is to maintain consistent meal account procedures throughout the District. Unpaid charges place financial strain on District finances. The Food Service Department is responsible for maintaining food charge records and for notifying the District’s accounting department of outstanding balances.

Elementary students whose food service account shows a balance due that is greater than $10.00 of food service charges will no longer be allowed to charge breakfast, lunch or extra milk. An alternate meal will be provided in lieu of hot lunch.

Middle School students will be allowed to charge a maximum of ten ($10.00) dollars. After this maximum has been met, no additional charges will be accepted.

High School students will be allowed to charge one meal and a la carte items, but cannot go over the amount stated. An alternate meal will be provided in lieu of hot lunch.

A notice will be sent home with elementary students when the student’s account has one day before it has reached the maximum. Parents/guardians of secondary students with negative balances will be contacted electronically, by correspondence, by phone call by District Accounting Office, or by the Food Service Department.

On May 15 of each school year, all charging will be cut off. Parents/guardians will be sent a written request for payment in full. All charges not paid before the end of the school year will be carried forward into the next school year. Families experiencing financial hardships are encouraged to apply for free or reduced meals at any time during the school year.

Students bringing their lunches from home may purchase milk or juice.

All money for elementary student meal charges will be turned into the classroom teacher during the morning lunch count. Breakfast and lunch may be paid in one check. If you have more than one child in school, please note on the check or envelope how much money is to be put into each child's account.

Secondary students are encouraged to pay for lunches/breakfast on a weekly basis. Lunches can be paid for in the office. Payment must be turned in before 10:30 am, or it will not be added until the next school day. Lunch cards will be issued at the start of the school year to be used to account for payments/credits. Students who lose their card will be served at the end of the lunch line.


http://egs.edcounsel.law/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/2021-10-15-Concordia-Student-Parent-Handbook-clean.pdf   Page 12


USDA Nondiscrimination Statement:

    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint filine_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (566) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)      mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)      fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)      email: program.intake@usda.gov.